There are three ways to sell:
1. Daily Space: For vendors who drive in to receive an open air space without a reservation.
2. Daily Reservation: For vendors who reserve a specific open air space up to a week in advance.
3. Monthly Rental: For vendors who rent any type of space (open air, corner, building, with or without electricity) by the month.
Guidelines for All:
- Gates open at 6 am weekdays and 5 am weekends. Arrive before 8 am.
- Drive through the vendor booth and register for your space with a form of id and (after your second space) resale permit.
- We’ll assign your space and show you where it is on the map.
- Go to your space and set up. Most people like to bring a table and a tarp.
- One car per open air space. The parking lots are free before 8 am, otherwise it is full charge.
- Prepare to leave before the park closes at 8 pm
California Resale Permit:
Vendors who sell at The San Jose Flea Market more than two times a year are required by law to have and present a valid California Resale Permit. All monthly vendors are required to present a valid California Resale Permit. Register online.
For more information contact:
State Board of Equalization
250 Second Street
San Jose, CA, 95113-2706
(408) 277 – 1231
(408) 277 – 1252 (FAX)
(800) 400 – 7115 (Information)
Tips for success:
- Offer paper or reusable bags for your customers to use.
- Bring plenty of extra change since the ATMs only dispense $20s.
- Be willing to negotiate, you will sell more.
- If you rent a space for both Saturday and Sunday, you can leave your things on the space. Make certain the area is protected from the weather and that your items are reasonably secured.
- If you want to plan ahead, you can reserve up to a week in advance.
- Be sure to read the Vendor Rules and FAQ pages.
The San Jose Flea Market is open Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from dawn to dusk, with the exception of a few holidays.